Friday, July 1, 2011

Slacker!

I haven't written too much in a while.  It's not because we haven't been busy....it's just...well...I have no excuse!  I'm going to blame it on the heat because we all know that when the temperature is above 70 degrees, I stop functioning and rationalize everything by saying to myself, "It's too hot."  

So hot I could swim in the fountain of Neptune.

Another reason I probably neglected writing is that the activities involve my birthday and getting another year older.  That's not that fun...


For my birthday, Team Hart decided to take a day trip to nearby Bologna.  Somebody...no names...told us Bologna was a nice place, so we decided to check it out.  Plus, we found a gluten-free restaurant and had to go there for my celebratory dinner.  

The combination of the heat, the recent knee surgery and the lack of touristy things in Bologna made it a quick day.  It's a pretty city in some ways (porticos line the streets, nice shops if you're into shopping, etc), but overall, there just wasn't much to see.  It's kind of like a smaller version of Milan without the Duomo...and the fashion...


But Bologna does have some good food and we decided to stick around and experience it.  Unfortunately, we finished our sightseeing in the afternoon and Italian restaurants don't open until at least 7pm.  For a few hours, we took a tide into the hills nearby for some nice views. 




We found a dictionary/atlas in the trunk of the car and played the state capitals of the US game.  I owned. Total domination.  There's a reason I didn't have too many friends in the 3rd grade.

Onto dinner.  We ate at a lovely little bistro (no idea if it was a bistro, but I like that word) where the waiter came and told me all the things that were gluten free.  I ordered a pizza and devoured it.

I also got to have a GF Beer...(from Spain, Australia, GB?  We're still not sure...)




And some birthday cake!





I guess getting older isn't so bad after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment