Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Little Bit Behind...

Forgive me for my lack of blogging in the month of March.  I have had things to blog about, but time was in short supply at the beginning of the month and then came our epic trans-Atlantic voyage back to the homeland (and I can't write about my trip to Quincy in  blog titled "Life Outside Quincy").

So what have I missed sharing?

1. Amazing ski-weekend with my cousin Alisa visiting from Ireland.  It was a ladies ski weekend up in the Dolomites with lots of powder, sunshine and good skiing.  I don't think I can write about it as eloquently as she did, so for details, see her blog about it:
http://braydenalisadublin.blogspot.com/2011/03/skiing-italian-style.html

As you can see, it was an intense day of skiing (and hiking)...

That's me enjoying the powder on a glacier...

The highlights of the ski weekend included Alisa sampling life Italian style (bad drivers and lack of manners when forming a line) and us witnessing an absolute animal massacre on our drive.  I've never wanted to see a deer get absolutely destroyed after getting hit by a car, but now I have.  

2. Spring is here.  After skiing in all that powder less than a month ago, it's now WARM (think 70s).  It feels strange to me for it to be this warm, but I think that's because I just spent two weeks in Quincy where the daytime high was about 35 consistently and the wind chill made it feel a lot less.  More pictures on spring another time since we just got back.

3. Summer trips- Ski season is over, but our summer travel plans are now in full swing.  Aside from some spring trips to Slovenia and Sweden, we are looking at summer trips to Croatia, Germany and perhaps some other local sites.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment